The Ford Plantation announced today that the property has been recognized by the Club Leaders Forum and awarded Platinum Clubs of America status. This auspicious achievement ranks the local private residential sporting community among the top 150 clubs in the United States.
“We’re excited to be selected to join this elite group of outstanding clubs,” stated Marc Ray, General Manager. “Platinum [Clubs of America] status is determined by our peers in the industry. Other general managers and presidents vote for the best-of-the-best—that’s part of what makes this achievement so meaningful.” Ray continued, “but I have to give credit to our world-class staff who are dedicated to making The Ford Plantation experience second to none.”
Creating a Platinum Clubs of America experience goes far beyond excellence in amenities and the beauty of the property. Achieving this milestone is the result of an intensive planning process and the execution of a long-range strategy by The Ford Plantation management staff and board of directors to recruit world-class talent, invest in infrastructure, increase conservation efforts, adapt to changing times, and take the steps necessary to ensure the legacy of the property for future members.
“Nothing was ever given to Henry Ford, he worked tirelessly to build one of the world’s most respected organizations,” said Jim Trolinger, Club Board President of The Ford Plantation. “That same spirit is evident at The Ford Plantation. Our staff works diligently every day to create and maintain something special on this property for our members. Our Board of Directors has a clear vision for the future and is committed to keeping The Ford Plantation among the top five percent of premier clubs nationwide. Achieving Platinum Club status is a wonderful validation and much-deserved recognition of everyone’s efforts,” Trolinger added.
About Club Leaders Forum
Club Leaders Forum have conducted the most prestigious and respected recognition of Private Clubs in America since 1997—Platinum Clubs® of America. This acknowledgment is only bestowed on the top five percent of private clubs in the nation as elected by club managers, presidents and owners, using the following seven Platinum Clubs of America selection criteria:
- Universal recognition by a well-traveled membership who frequent private clubs
- Excellence in amenities and a commitment to invest to maintain world-class quality
- The caliber of staff determined by a club’s ability to attract staff among the top in their field
- Quality of membership where members help preserve the club’s legacy for the future
- Adapting to changing times by anticipating the needs and interests of members
- Governance and fiscal management by directors who maintain a world-class club
- Overall experience where the staff takes the initiative to deliver outstanding service